INFANTA EN FLOR
- Regular price
- Sale price
Everlasting flower (Immortelle)
Orange flower absolute
Spanish leather accord
Venezuelan tonka bean
Harmony of modern musks
A floral musky amber fragrance based on cosmetic formulas of the Spanish Golden age. With notes of: Orange flower water, Spanish leather, cistus resin and immortelle.
June 1660, Isle of Pheasants, Basque region, on the Spanish-French border.
Maria Teresa, the Infanta of Spain, is offered to Louis XIV in exchange for peace between the two nations. Innocently perfumed with Orange flower water, her powdery complexion blushes as the gallant King lays his eyes on her for the first time. She opens her scented fan and steals a look back.
Developed with Rodrigo Flores Roux.
The portrait of the Spanish Court as it envelopes the orange blossom scented Infanta Maria Teresa, about to be handed over to the French Crown. Clean, intimate and suggestive.
Eau de Parfum. Large 100 ml / 3.4 fl oz. bottle of the highest Italian quality with our signature ‘A’ engraved metal cap, as well as the newest technology for an invisible spray tube.
- When Louis XIV first appeared in the room’s threshold, the French Queen Mother gestured to the door and asked the Infanta what she thought of the new arrival; the Infanta blushed and responded “The door seems quite beautiful and strong…”
- The Suede accord in Infanta en flor hints at the Peau d’Espagne perfumed leather gloves in vogue at the time, while the rose and orange blossom notes evoke the heavily-scented rouge and pale powdered skin in of the Spanish delegation.
– Zanger, Abby E., Scenes from the Marriage of Louis XIV: Nuptial Fictions and the Making of Absolutist Power, Stanford University Press, Stanford, California, 1997.
– Genders, Roy, Perfume through the Ages, G.P. Putnam’s Sons, New York, 1972.
– Baumel, Jean, Publicite d’un maitre apothicaire-parfumeur au XVIIeme siècle. Montpellier en 1668, Editions C.G.C. et la Grande Revue, 37 Rue de Constantinople, Paris, 1974.
– Brunel, M.L., Scenes, Recits et Portraits, tires des Ecrivains Francais des XVIIe et XVIIIe Siecle: Madame de Montepensier, Librairie Hachette et Cie. 79, Blvd. Saint Germain, Paris, 1919.