VARIETY Sample set
- Regular price
- Sold out $40.00
- Sale price
Flor y Canto
Fleur de Louis
Smoked chili infusion
Our VARIETY edit of citrus, floral and woody scents in 5 (five) 2ml samples:
1. L'Etrog, a classic citrusy Mediterranean chypre.
2. Flor y Canto, Mexican Tuberose and other sacred blooms.
3. Fleur de Louis, a French bouquet from Louis XIV's Court.
4. Anima Dulcis, a spicy woody gourmand from Baroque Mexico.
5. Boutonnière No.7, a naturalistic gardenia from Belle Époque Paris.
*Purchase a Sample Set and receive a one-time $40 credit to apply towards your first 100ml fragrance purchase. You will receive a follow-up email with your credit code.
*Sample sets are not returnable.
A "little of everything" edit with our best-selling selection. From citrusy fresh to amber and incense, these scents offer a journey through Italian fields, flower altars, and European courts. A time and place for every scent.
Eau de Parfum. Sample size sprayer: 2 ml / 0.07 fl oz
- The olfactive snapshot of Louis XIV and the French Court in 1660. A reconstruction of authentic perfume formulas from the 17th century, improved upon by contemporary perfumery. FLEUR DE LOUIS is a classic French bouquet using the most fashionable flowers of the French court, set on woody base representing the wooden walls of a Royal pavilion. A decidedly regal and refined scent retaining the subtlety of the highest quality naturals. With notes of: Orange blossom, Florentine orris, jasmine and cedar wood.
- ANIMA DULCIS is an olfactive reconstruction of Viceregal Mexico: the mineral notes of the tile floors and stucco walls, the cedar wood and pine beams, and the gilded altars give way to a recipe of spiced chocolate at its heart. The incense from the church mixes with the kitchen spices, creating an evocative Baroque concoction for both men and women. Notes include: Cocoa absolute, Mexican vanilla, cinnamon, and a smoked chili infusion.
– Pillivuyt, Ghislaine Histoire Du Parfum – De L Égypte Au Xixe Siècle: Collection De La Parfumerie Fragonard, Denoël Editions, 1988.
– Genders, Roy, Perfume through the Ages, G.P. Putnam’s Sons, New York, 1972.
– Angeloni of Brioni, Umberto, The boutonniere: Style in One’s Lapel,Universe, New York, 2000.– Isaac, Erich, Influence of religion on the spread of citrus: The religious practices of the Jews helped effect the introduction of citrus to Mediterranean lands, Science Magazine, #129, published in January 1959.
-Ionides, Basil, Colour and Interior Decoration, Country Life Ltd., London, 1926.
-Woolf, Virginia, The London Scene: Six Essays on London Life, Harper Collins Publishers, 1931.
-Taylor, D.J., Bright Young People: The Lost Generation of London’s Jazz Age, Farrar, Straus and Giroux; First Edition edition, New York, 2010.
– The World and Japan – Tensho and Keicho missions to Europe 16th – 17th century “世界と日本ー天正・慶長の使節, 1995, Sendai City Museum (Japanese)