WOODY Sample Set
- Regular price
- Sold out $40.00
- Sale price
Smoked chili infusion
The Architects Club
Juniper berry oil
Discover our warm and woody selection in 5 (five) 2ml samples:
1. Aleksandr, a dandy Russian leather.
2. Anima Dulcis, a spicy woody gourmand from Baroque Mexico.
3. Él, a heady fougère of disco swagger.
4. The Architects Club, a London-based vanilla amber.
5. Nanban, a leathery, smokey incense of exotic origin.
*Purchase a Sample Set and receive a $40 credit to apply towards your next 100ml fragrance purchase. You will receive a follow-up email with your credit code.
*Sample sets are not returnable.
Warm amber, exotic woods, leather, incense and smoke: these are scents that envelop and entice. Long-lasting and heady scents taken from Baroque kitchens, Russian forests, merchant galleons and London smoking rooms. Our best-selling selection of signature ARQUISTE formulas.
Eau de Parfum. Sample size sprayer: 2 ml / 0.07 fl oz
- ANIMA DULCIS is an olfactive reconstruction of Viceregal Mexico: the mineral notes of the tile floors and stucco walls, the cedar wood and pine beams, and the gilded altars give way to a recipe of spiced chocolate at its heart. The incense from the church mixes with the kitchen spices, creating an evocative Baroque concoction for both men and women. Notes include: Cocoa absolute, Mexican vanilla, cinnamon, and a smoked chili infusion.
- Inspired by the Latin glamour of Acapulco in its disco heyday, ÉL is an 'after hours' fougère based on the jet-set discos. Spicy, musky and animalic, the impression of a scent macerating on skin during a night of revelry. With notes of: Moroccan rosemary, Egyptian geranium, cinnamon leaves, oakmoss, vetiver and castoreum.
- Inside a cozy wood paneled room of velvet banquetes and wood, blond tobacco and smoky vanilla mix with the crisp herbal notes of gin. It’s Martini time at a plush English Fumoir bar in 1930s London. THE ARCHITECTS CLUB is a comforting, smoky vanilla with an amber woody base and an cool dry gin opening. Notes include: Juniper berry oil, angelica root, lemon peel oil, pepper wood, guaiac wood, oak wood, vanilla absolute and amber.
- Based on a documented transoceanic voyage in 1618 uniting East and West. NANBAN is a woody and smoky oriental fragrance evoking the dark hull of a galleon full of exotic cargo. With notes of: Malabar black pepper, Persian saffron, Chinese osmanthus, coffee absolute, Spanish leather, myrrh, frankincense, sandalwood and cade.
– Pillivuyt, Ghislaine Histoire Du Parfum – De L Égypte Au Xixe Siècle: Collection De La Parfumerie Fragonard, Denoël Editions, 1988.
– Genders, Roy, Perfume through the Ages, G.P. Putnam’s Sons, New York, 1972.
– De Sigüenza y Góngora, Carlos, Parayso Occidental, plantado y cultivado en su magnífico Real Convento de Jesus María de México, Mexico, 1684.
– Benitez, Fernando, Los Demonios en el Convento: Sexo y Religion en la Nueva España, Ediciones Era, Mexico DF, 1985.
– Recetario de Dona Dominga de Guzman (a recipe book from 1750), Consejo Nacional para la Cultura y las Artes, Dirección General de Culturas Populares, Mexico, 1997.
-Ionides, Basil, Colour and Interior Decoration, Country Life Ltd., London, 1926.
-Woolf, Virginia, The London Scene: Six Essays on London Life, Harper Collins Publishers, 1931.
-Taylor, D.J., Bright Young People: The Lost Generation of London’s Jazz Age, Farrar, Straus and Giroux; First Edition edition, New York, 2010.
– The World and Japan – Tensho and Keicho missions to Europe 16th – 17th century “世界と日本ー天正・慶長の使節, 1995, Sendai City Museum (Japanese)