FLORAL / BOTANICAL Sample set
- Regular price
- Sold out $40.00
- Sale price
Flor y Canto
Fleur de Louis
Infanta en flor
Orange flower water
Spanish leather accord
Our well-loved FLORAL / BOTANICAL selection in 5 (five) 2ml samples:
1. Flor y Canto, Mexican Tuberose and other sacred blooms.
2. Fleur de Louis, a French bouquet from Louis XIV's Court.
3. Infanta en Flor, musky orange blossom from the Spanish Golden Age.
4. Boutonnière No.7, a naturalistic gardenia from Belle Époque Paris.
5. Aleksandr, a dandy Russian leather and elegant, cool violets.
*Purchase a Sample Set and receive a one-time $40 credit to apply towards your first 100ml fragrance purchase. You will receive a follow-up email with your credit code.
*Sample sets are not returnable.
Mexican tuberose, magnolia grandiflora, creamy jasmine and crisp gardenias. From Pre-hispanic Mexico and Baroque Europe to 1970s era beach-side disco, our florals range from modern, vibrant accords to elegant bouquets reinterpreting classic European formulas.
Eau de Parfum. Sample size sprayer: 2 ml / 0.07 fl oz
- The olfactive snapshot of Louis XIV and the French Court in 1660. A reconstruction of authentic perfume formulas from the 17th century, improved upon by contemporary perfumery. FLEUR DE LOUIS is a classic French bouquet using the most fashionable flowers of the French court, set on woody base representing the wooden walls of a Royal pavilion. A decidedly regal and refined scent retaining the subtlety of the highest quality naturals. With notes of: Orange blossom, Florentine orris, jasmine and cedar wood.
- Based on our research into 17th century perfumery, INFANTA EN FLOR is the portrait of the Spanish Court: it's affinity for orange blossom scented powders, rose-scented rouge and fine kid leather gloves. A clean and musky powdery opening gives way to a suggestive dry down, easy to wear yet very proper, perfect for both women and men. The most modern interpretation of the Spanish Golden age. With notes of: Orange flower water, Spanish leather, cistus resin and immortelle.
- BOUTONNIÈRE NO.7 is a gardenia on a gentleman's lapel...the crisp, hyper-realistic gardenia blended with the fresh and botanical notes of a citrus and lavender cologne. The re-imagined Opera flower of Belle Époque Paris, worn by dandies and beloved by their admirers, with notes of: Lavender, bergamot, Italian mandarin, gardenia jasminoides/gardenia citriodora duo, genet absolute, vetiver and oakmoss.
- 19th century Russian chic: The scent of violet on a gentleman's neck, the bear fur coat and leather boots, the birch and fir trees in the forest clearing. ALEKSANDR is a sophisticated violet leather fragrance for both men and women. Based on the account of Aleksandr Pushkin's duel in 1837 St. Petersburg, Russia. With notes of: Neroli, violet leaf, fir balsam and a Russian leather accord.
– Caso, Alfonso, The Aztecs: People of the Sun, translated by Lowell Dunham, illustrated by Miguel Covarrubias; Norman: Oklahoma University Press, 1958.
– Velasco Lozano, Ana María L. & Nagao, Debra, Mitologia y Simbolismo de las Flores, “Arqueologia Mexicana” Magazine, Las Flores en el Mexico Prehispanico, Numero 78, Mexico City, 2006.
– Zanger, Abby E., Scenes from the Marriage of Louis XIV: Nuptial Fictions and the Making of Absolutist Power, Stanford University Press, Stanford, California, 1997.
– Genders, Roy, Perfume through the Ages, G.P. Putnam’s Sons, New York, 1972.
– Baumel, Jean, Publicite d’un maitre apothicaire-parfumeur au XVIIeme siècle. Montpellier en 1668, Editions C.G.C. et la Grande Revue, 37 Rue de Constantinople, Paris, 1974.
– Angeloni of Brioni, Umberto, The boutonniere: Style in One’s Lapel,Universe, New York, 2000.
– Stanley, Richard, Disco Days: A Social History of the 1970’s, iUniverse, New York, NY 2015.
– Wilson, Tamar, D., Life of the Mexican Beach: Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo San Lucas, Lexington Books, Lanham, Maryland, 2012.